Three churches in Kos Town stuck out above the rest. The first is Agia Paraskevi, which is a Greek Orthodox church located in the old town. It was built in 1932 and has a gorgeous interior full of icons and a marble floor.
Kos has a small Catholic community, and a Catholic church sits on the outskirts of the town to the south. On the outside is a small memorial to Italian military officers executed by the Nazis in 1943.
One of the most remarkable sites in Kos Town is a tiny Byzantine chapel called the Baptistry of St. John. It was built in the 7th or 8th century AD and has seven columns inside.
The iconostasion is from 1675. It has many murals from the 12th and 13th centuries. This baptistry is the only one of its kind in the world and now serves as a chapel for a cemetery. It’s worth going out of the way for. The caretaker is very enthusiastic to show it to visitors. It’s located near the Catholic church.